Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 A Yr. of New Beginnings:::



"Our scientists talk about the end of the world and the possibility of the destruction of civilization. Just one wrong move by some of our diplomats could plunge us all into eternity by intercontinental missiles and hydrogen bombs. When we read about the death rate on our highways, the death rate by cancer and heart disease, none of us know whether or not we are going to be alive tomorrow. Life is the most uncertain thing in all the world. We never know when our moment is coming." -Billy Graham


I guess what I have had on my mind the past few days is that, since we are not promised another day- shouldn't we make them count? I mean, it is so easy to waste our days counting down until the next big event that we don't take the time to enjoy the here and now. We have an opportunity to live this life b/c the Lord afforded that to us... & since He blessed us with life, isn't that a reason in itself to achieve all He intended for us to with it? He made us each for a "purpose". I for one, would love to know what that purpose is.

I wonder if there are other people who truly try to live in the "spiritual" and not in the "physical". I focus more on God and what He wants me to do for Him and His Kingdom- than what people expect of me. I seek His approval over people's opinions. I have sacrificed people, my flesh and my lifestyle for Him and even if it was hard- I did not question it. I hear people say they believe in God and yet, their lives say the opposite. It's almost like they want to believe (or they want to avoid hell) just in case God is real- but if they believed with all their hearts- they would not live the way they do b/c they would KNOW better. I don't understand why people are comfortable with secular views of a "Christian lifestyle". For example- "It's okay to sin, just don't abuse it." Are you serious? It's like, people try to make God's Word say something other than what it truly says b/c if they "alter" it- then it is "easier" to accomplish.


Truth is, living for the Lord is NOT difficult. The difficult part about living according to the Word is not the blue print the Lord left for us- But being able to live that way surrounded by Pharisees, Atheists and Luke Warm Christians. Ya see, people make our walk difficult. They knowingly or unknowingly, make it extremely hard to live the way Christ calls us to. The challenge is, trying to live a godly life with ungodly people. Sacrificing worldly ways is not hard- surviving in a "World of Sin" is the difficult part. I know the Lord has a reason for showing me what I am truly up against- & I trust He is with me all the way... But sometimes, I wonder why He even tries anymore. That is the most amazing part about God. His love is unlike anything we can imagine... If it were me- I'd have thrown in the towel a long time ago. But b/c He loves us- I will mimic that love and try my best to stay on track & not get distracted with the nonsense.

I just wish people invested as much time in God as they do doubting Him. I wish people talked to our Lord at least equally to the amount of time they pray to Him if they "Need" Him. He don't need us- We need Him. & yet, folks are quick to "talk God" or ask for "prayers" if things are hard. Yet- why can't they brag on God even through the hard times and especially in the good times? That right there is what I call "disbelief". If you really knew God- you would love Him so much that you would not be able to go a few minutes without feeling Him, Talking to Him, Thinking about Him or just being aware of Him. I get aggravated more by folks who "Believe in God" than by those who don't. It's one thing to not believe and live that way but, to claim to believe and live like an atheist- that is far, far worse.

I honestly love each and every moment the Lord gives me and I want others to understand that even in a world of sin- we are called to righteousness. Just b/c things are hard or uncomfortable- doesn't mean there is nothing good in our lives. It is so easy to get distracted with the "hog wash" that we lose sight of the Grace! Anyways, hopefully I made some sense. I may have hopped around a bit- but, all I want to leave you with is this- Do not waste your days- someone would love to be in your shoes but, they are taking their last breath. I do not fear death- I don't want to leave this world without achieving as much as I can for my Lord! I want Him to know, that I gave it my all and loved the life He blessed me with. && when He calls me home- I will rest then. Until then, I am going to fight for my God... Even when I am tired. I am going to love people- even if they do not love me. I am going to do things I don't want to- b/c I am a soldier for Christ and He is my commanding officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment