Thursday, January 12, 2012
Do not take your life for granted....
Okay I have shared this story so many times & everytime I have to repeat it, I basically relive that night (which stinks) so I want to let everyone know w/o having to keep sharing so I can heal from it emotionally & I know people are only asking b/c they are concerned but, basically in a nutshell I was working at the Big D the other night & it was almost closing time. A younger guy came in the store wearing a grey cotton hoodie that had a pouch on the front of it. He had his right hand in that pocket & there was an object in the pouch cause you could clearly see the bulk there. I greeted him & the only response I got was a quick glance. The guy then began looking up & down all the rows in the store, in the bathroom, around my counter, & up at the ceiling as if he was checking for cameras. He never said a word. My instinct told me he was up to no good & my observations proved to me he was clearly scoping the place out. I grabbed the panic button & held it in my hand & I was going to push it but wanted to make sure I wasn't just freaking myself out. Then he walked to the back of the store (hand never leaving his pocket) & looked up at the reflector bubble on the wall to see if I was looking & I was. He turned and looked at me & then opened to Pepsi cooler door w/ his left hand & when he did the black bar on the cooler passed over the window & for a split second I thought he pulled out a gun. My heart almost beat out of my chest, I felt like I was going to pass out & started crying tears like crazy but I never made a sound & I just froze. A few seconds later I realized it was the bar from the cooler & not a gun. The guy did not grab a drink instead he turned and looked up at the camera above me & then at me. I wanted to push the button so bad but I could not do it for some reason. He stared at me for what seemed like forever & had no expression on his face. I did not know what to do I just froze up. He finally left the store w/o buying anything. As soon as he left I had an all out anxiety attack. I called my husband and he came to the store with a glock & sat with me the rest of the shift. I know for a fact that man wanted to rob the store or worse... And although he never spoke, I never seen the gun & nothing happened... I know that it is only because God showed me mercy and He made that man leave. I've never cried so hard or felt such a helpless feeling in my entire life. And working at that store I always imagined that I'd rebuke a robber in the name of Jesus or if a killer walked up on me that I'd look him in the eye and say "Death don't have no fear in me cause death don't have no hold on me, I signed up to die. May Jesus forgive you." Ya know? Like I actually envisioned a scene like that over & over in my mind but when I was actually faced with something terrifying I just froze up like a coward. Well, in the process of all this I separated a rib & I am in alot of pain when I take deep breaths, cough, sneeze or laugh too hard. Yet, I still have my life. I am alive to testify & continue to preach the gospel. And that experience made me want to grow in my faith to the point that NOTHING this evil world has to offer can break me down or scare me. I am asking for prayers though because I catch myself playing it over in my mind & beating myself up for not saying anything or for not pushing the button. I also keep remembering the total fear I felt & it scares me all over again. Ya know, life can be taken from us so quickly & I was ransomed that night- I believe it in my soul & contrary to what you may think, you don't have to see a gun to know it's presence. & to think, even for a split second that you are about to be murdered... words can't even describe it. We live in a dark world and never think you are invisible to the enemy. I am so grateful that God was there and stood up for me when I was too weak to stand up for myself. The verse He showed me today when I prayed for comfort.....Jeremiah 7:24-29 ♥ 24 “But my people would not listen to me. They kept doing whatever they wanted, following the stubborn desires of their evil hearts.They went backward instead of forward. From the day your ancestors left Egypt until now, I have continued to send my servants, the prophets—day in and day out. But my people have not listened to me or even tried to hear. They have been stubborn and sinful—even worse than their ancestors. Tell them all this, but do not expect them to listen. Shout out your warnings, but do not expect them to respond. Say to them, ‘This is the nation whose people will not obey the LORD their God and who refuse to be taught. Truth has vanished from among them; it is no longer heard on their lips. Shave your head in mourning, and weep alone on the mountains. For the LORD has rejected and forsaken this generation that has provoked his fury.’ (God gave me a message to share & w/o this experience I wouldn't understand how very important it is to equip His people with the Word & understanding. Or how desperately we NEED our Savior. You don't have to believe me. You don't have to take what I shared seriously, you can leave my FB page & move on to the next but you can not hide from the truth. You can not ignore our generation & the need for more disciples. It's time to stop being selfish brothers & sisters...We got work to do. Don't let the past repeat itself...Time to get ready for war. Good night.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment