Monday, August 22, 2011

Tough as Nails.

I wanna share something with whoever cares to know how I am feeling right now, because I really need to get this out there! Living a godly life is not easy. The Lord urges us to press on and attack sin. Not people. But the sin and demons within them. We are at war. We can sit back and say we love God and never truly have a relationship with him or do for him. Or we can be proactive and move! When I call out sin and speak the truth, it is not to be judgmental or hateful. I am by no means perfect or trying to give off that impression. If something I say offends you then pray about it b/c that my friend is conviction. There is a difference in being convicted and being judged.

Jesus called out sin. I strive to be just like Him and although I will never, ever in anyway fill His shoes, it is He who I want to live for. I realize the closer I get to God the less friends I have. The more family begins to despise me. And at first, I was crushed and sometimes it does hurt. Esp when those you love are so busy looking at who you were they can not see who you are. It is easy for people to be selfish and solely focused on what works for them to their benefit. And my entire life I believed everything was about me. I hurt others. I used people. I could go on and on talking about my past and sharing my testimony but, God has forgiven me and I know that I became a stronger person with the ability to endure the storms b/c I have been through them. Yes, a lot of what I did was self-inflicted but, I grew from it.

To anyone who is trying their best to live a godly life one thing I want you to be prepared for and to expect, the first to judge you will be friends and family. Some will call you a hypocrite. Some will say you are an actor. Some will disown you. And others will mock you. Yet, God will be impressed and He will use you as a vessel. He will place the right people in your life. He will love you and He will guide you! Do not get discouraged b/c the truth is sometimes sinners are blinded to their sin.They only see what they want to see. We are all guilty of this at some point in our lives. Remember, that it takes courage to step out and start preaching the Word. You'll have missiles coming at you left and right. Each night you will pull daggers outta your back before you fall asleep. You will be pelted with rocks and cursed at. Jesus will soothe your wounds and prepare you for the next battle!

And remember Jesus had 12 disciples. That was it. Honestly, I would rather have people in my life who love and support me and encourage me in my walk! I want those who join me and take up the armor of God and those who fight to live for God. I don't wanna dine with wolves in sheep's clothing, trust in demons or the devil's minions. I don't wanna be surrounded by cowards during this battle, those who are afraid to take a stand b/c they are worried of who is watching or who will see b/c they are ashamed or afraid of failure. Don't be weak or narrow minded!

Yes, living for God means sacrifice and dedication! It takes commitment! But if you are just sitting on the side lines and claiming to know the Lord but, only ringing a bell when you need him- do not point your finger at a Believer (No matter how far they are on their walk) and tell them how low they are. At least they are truly trying! What makes a believer so different is they pick up their cross and deny themselves daily. If you mirror yourself after the Lord, you will achieve greatness in His eyes. The world is full of evil b/c people make it that way. The gift of Salvation is free. But it will cost you to fight for others. To fight for the Kingdom. Giving up sin is a small price to pay vs. what Jesus did for us. For example- Let's use alcohol since that is a hot topic right now. I'd ask someone defending alcohol why they are defending it? Is it b/c they drink or someone they love or care about drinks? What is their intentions behind defending it?

Ask me those same questions. My answer is far from selfish! The reason I disagree with alcohol is b/c it hurts others. Believers who stay drunk, are a bad example for others and if they negatively affect someones walk b/c they won't let their flesh die, they are being selfish. In order to achieve greatness you must be of sound mind and sober. A drunken heathen will not be taken seriously. If you are fighting against this epidemic make sure your hands are clean first. Practice what you preach. In public or behind closed doors. Alcohol is not a necessity. Why drink if it hurts people? And honestly, I will always stick up for what I believe to be true and Truth is the Word. If God says it is is true.

If you don't like what I am preaching then take it up with God. If you don't like the way I am living then walk away but, do not sit there on the couch with a bowl of popcorn making my life your entertainment. I am not on the Real House Wives of Atlanta. Don't look at me, look at Him! I am nothing special. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me that. In the end all truths will be brought to light. Then you will know my motives. But we need more disciples and less commentators or play by play directors. We must be tough as nails. We are at War whether you like it or not. I pray God reveals truth to anyone who reads this. I pray He removes the scales from you eyes and reminds you that you are not the center of creation. You are the created. He breathes stars, so who are you to tell Him what's best for you? I pray that He makes your heart grow. That you are stronger in your faith and that you realize He don't need you, that you need HIM! God wants you to love Him for who He is and not for the benefits.I pray He shows you the areas in your life that you need to work on and the sin you need to fight. I pray that He comforts you during your trials and helps to toughen you through the storms. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment